- Facilities & Services
- Rate & Reservations
The diving and snorkelling on offer via day-trip from Kantiang Bay is simply stunning. We are perfectly located to allow you to reach some of the best diving and snorkelling spots in southern Thailand easily by day-trip.
Whether you're new to snorkelling or diving, or an experienced diver already, we recommend joining Scubafish PADI 5 Star Dive Centre, who offer a range of memorable and rewarding experiences for divers and snorkelers of all levels.
Departing directly from the beach in Kantiang Bay, Scubafish offer a range of day-trips and activities to keep you and your family entertained. With diving courses available for kids as young as 8, right up to pro-level courses for adults, as well as a range of specially designed Underwater Photography courses, there is a program to suit everyone. Scubafish offer the convenience of shorter journey times to the nearby islands and beaches so you get to maximise your precious holiday time and have more chance to enjoy the relaxed and laid back atmosphere of island life.
Scubafish promise small groups (max 4 divers per guide), an unrivalled reputation for high quality, personal service, experienced dive guides who know the sites and their secrets well and a commitment to ensuring your diving holiday exceeds your expectations.
• Small Groups - max 4 divers per guide - or hire a private guide if you prefer
• Shorter Journey Times - based in the South of the island, our 2 luxury dive boats offer shorter journey times to some of Thailand's top dive sites. We know your holiday time is precious and we want to make sure you get the most out of it!
• Personal Teaching Methods - we teach all courses in small groups to ensure you receive the highest level of personal attention. Each course is designed to be flexible and we personally tailor each course to suit your learning pace and level of development.
• Comprehensive range of Diver Training and Specialty Courses - we offer the full range of PADI courses from absolute beginner to Instructor level and use the latest and most up-to-date multi-media resources and training methods.
• Customise your Dives - ensure you get the most out of your time underwater. Choose from an extensive range of add-ons to enable you to tailor your dives according to your individual interests, needs and requirements.
• Great Range of Dive Sites - we operate two dive boats each day, visiting two separate destinations. This means we can offer a wider range of dive sites to our diving guests, than any other dive centre on Ko Lanta. We offer dive trips to Ko Haa, Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, Ko Phi Phi (including the new Kled Gaeow Wreck), Ko Rok, and the Southern Islands (Ko Kradan, Ko Mook, Ko Waen, Ko Ma and Ko Ngai).
For beginners and those developing their diving skills, Scubafish understand that personal teaching methods and learning at your own pace are important. Explore the underwater world and learn scuba diving in a safe and relaxed environment. Training can be conducted in the resort swimming pool to prepare you for your first dives into open water.
Scubafish offer certified divers an extra-special service, because they know that when you’re on holiday, the less you have to think about, the better! With spectacular reefs, unmatched marine diversity and great visibility, you’ll discover Lanta is as beautiful underwater as it is topside. Ko Lanta has some of the most diverse diving in the world - the stunning visibility, vivid colours and variety of marine life provides superb diving and excellent underwater photography opportunities.
When to come:
Scubafish is open all year round and offer daily diving and snorkelling trips all year. The very best times to dive and snorkel in Ko Lanta are: mid-October - April and July - August. May and September are the least predictable weather-wise - so trips may not be possible every day.
The high season runs from mid-October to mid-April. During this time their boats are moored in Kantiang Bay and trips depart directly from the floating Jetty in front of the resort.
From Mid-April to mid-October they moor their boats in Lanta Old Town on the East side of the island or in Saladan in the North of the island. The weather can be a little unpredictable and they cannot guarantee that the boat will be able to go out every day, although most days should be possible. This time is during the 'rainy season' (sometimes we have rain every day, sometimes there is no rain & pure sunshine for weeks on end!) and it's a great time of year to see a huge variety of marine life. It's like 'spring' underwater and is when the marine activity seems to peak. Many juvenile fish are born during this time and seek shelter near the reef alongside huge swarms of tiny glassfish and baitfish. This attracts the larger, hunting fish towards the reef who come in to look for a snack! You can often see large schools of barracuda, rainbow runners and travelly and there's plenty of action to watch in the blue. There are also fewer divers at the dive sites than during high season and the visibility is usually better too.
Alama Sea Village Resort values the safety of all their guests, so please note that scuba-diving trips are subject to sea/weather conditions. Guests are also kindly asked to book their diving trips and courses in advance to avoid disappointment. The island tends to be busiest during December, January & February, so it is a good idea to book ahead during these times, especially if you have specific dive sites or dates in mind, to avoid disappointment. During the rest of the year a day or two's notice is usually enough. The latest they take bookings is up to 5pm the evening before you wish to dive.
For all diving and scuba-related enquiries, please contact the dive centre directly at email@example.com.